China-UK Business Incubator
The China-UK Business Incubator forms a crucial part of our development project, aiming to provide a one-stop service to assist local UK and Chinese businesses in connecting with one another to find new business opportunities.
Inbound – Work with our strategic partners to become a gateway for Chinese businesses entering the UK market, by providing them with one-stop business support.
Outbound - Become a regional hub that provides support to local businesses that are already dealing with China and that want to explore opportunities in the Chinese market.
Our services and aims
Through the China-UK Business Incubator, we aim to:
- Provide business premises in a prime location, with comprehensive reception and administrative services.
- By working with our partner organizations, provide comprehensive business services to Chinese companies entering the UK market; including relocation, recruitment, legal, tax/accountancy, finance, marketing, localisation, IT, logistics management and more.
- Provide Chinese companies with the necessary local knowledge to enter the UK market and link them with local business communities.
- Provide local UK companies with the expert knowledge and the necessary links to enter the Chinese market.
Why choose Sheffield for your business?
There are numerous reasons why the Sheffield City Region is the ideal place to locate your business. Here are just a few of them:
- A central UK location with excellent road and rail connections to the rest of the UK
- 5 international airports within one hour travel time
- A population of over 2.1 million people within one hour peak travel time
- 33% of the population educated to university degree standard
- A low average commuting time of 23 minutes
- Office occupancy costs 39% lower than London Office rents 63% lower than London
- The least congested city in England
- Sheffield to London by train will be 1hr 45 mins by 2019
- The most peaceful urban area in England, per the Institute for Economics and Peace (2013)
- Over 60,000 students at two of the UK's leading universities
- Britain's most concentrated and popular Higher Education destination outside of London
The city of Sheffield is not just known for its skills in Advanced Manufacturing and Materials; other key industries include:
- Business and Professional Services
- Creative and Digital
- Healthcare Technologies
- Sports, Leisure and Tourism
Our partners and stakeholders
We work closely with key representatives of the city to ensure that our project benefits the wider community. We also have an active role in supporting the Doctoral Research Study of students in both Sheffield universities.
These are some of our strategic partners that have expressed their support for New Era Square: